Instant Pot Yogurt
I have had my Instant Pot for about 2 months now, I finally got the nerve up to try to make Instant Pot Yogurt, and boy oh boy.
I am not huge on yogurt, till now, but my kids have always been. This yogurt is amazing… I only strained a small amount… And noticed when you strain it, it is a lot less tart.
The only reason I didn’t strain it all is, this was a spur of the moment decision and it was a good one. I will however, be getting this so I can strain the whole batch next time.
What you see in the bowl is “greek” or strained yogurt and in the jars is un strained. I didn’t add any flavorings to it because I will be using it to cook.
When I was ready to eat it I added 1 tsp of Splenda or strawberries for eacy 1 1/2 cups and I will never ever buy yogurt again… And everyone will be getting Instant Pot Yogurt as gifts from here on out..
- 1 gallon of Whole, 2%, 1% or
Fat Freeyour choice
- 2 tbs any yogurt made with only milk and live cultures
- Add 3 to 4 cups of water to your inner pot and put on lid and close the valve
- Turn on 5 minutes high pressure
- When done release pressure, and carefully dump the water and put your inner pot in the fridge
- Allow outer pot to cool completely before moving on to the next step (water will be hot)
- When outer pot has cooled, place your inner pot back in and pour in the whole gallon of milk
- Place lid on and lock, press yogurt button, then press adjust until it
- Your pot will beep when this cycle is done, remove lid and use a digital thermometer to test temp, I like mine to be between 180 and 185 (if it is not there do the boil cycle again, by turning off your pot and repeating the last step)
- When you reach the correct temp, remove your inner pot to allow for cooling, I put mine in a cold water bath and stirred to help
cooling. You want the temp to get to 110
- Once 110
tempis reached, you can add your starter and any flavor by removing some of the warm milk and adding to that, stirring well then add back to the big pot
- Place inner pot back into the outer pot, replace and lock lid
- Press yogurt button and you will see 8:00
- Once the 8 hours has passed, you can separate into containers for cooling in the refridgerator
- For greek yogurt, strain in the fridge for at least 2 hours.