Cauliflower Tots Recipe
I recently started the journey to lose some of this extra weight. My goal is to lose at least 30 pounds. All I keep thinking is , damn that’s a lot. I was always super skinny until I started having kids and then boom with each one. I love my baby’s, but they did a hell of a job on my body.
After talking to a friend who is doing a low carb diet, I decided to give it a shot. With that said, I am now trying out new foods and recipes, to stay on the low carb side.
I never thought that I would be able to give up bread and pasta, but there are so many alternatives that are lower carb like this recipe for Cucumber Noodles + Spicy Sesame Soy Dressing or this Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks.
After seeing all of these options I decided to try some myself. Here is one of these, These Cauliflower Tots are amazing, I used no eggs or breadcrumbs, as to lowered the carbs more.
These turned out to be the perfect, “I need a snack” item. Check out the recipe below, and come back and let me know what you thought.
- ½ cup low fat Cheddar
- ¼ cup Flax Seed Meal
- ½ head, large Cauliflower (ground and steamed)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed).
- /2 Tbsp water and set aside, (this is your egg).
- Mix all remaining ingredients together.
- The remaining flax meal serves as bread crumbs.
- Add in the “flax egg” and mix well.
- Take about 1½ T of the mixture and form into the tater tot shape and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 15.