Quick and Easy Weeknight Instant Pot Cornbread and Beef Stew
This Cornbread and Beef Stew has always been a staple dinner in my house, even since I was a little girl. I loved it and now my kids do too.
I usually make this when I am low on time and low on ingredients, this Cornbread and Beef Stew is only 4 ingredients, all of which I usually have on hand. I usually make this Cornbread and Beef stew in a cast iron, but since that won’t fit into the Instant Pot, I used this.
It isn’t a huge time saver in the Instant Pot, but it does save some time. In the oven, this Cornbread and Beef Stew takes in total like an hour, between preheating the oven, prep and baking time.
With my Instant Pot, it took me like 25, 30 minutes total, tops. The top was a little sticky when I pulled it out, but I let it sit a few minutes and it was perfect.
It tastes the same as when I put it in the oven, the only difference is, the top didn’t brown, but it was amazing, and most importantly I made it in the Instant Pot.
- 1 box Jiffy Mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c milk
- 1 20oz can of our favorite canned Beef stew (or leftover homemade works too)
- 1 c water
- Prepare Jiffy Mix according to directions on the box
- Spray dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour in can of beef
- Pour in the prepared Jiffy Mix making sure all of the stew is covered
- Pour water in the bottom of your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Put in the trivet
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and quick release