Strawberry Cake Recipe!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, milk, oil, baking powder, and vanilla and beat for another minute, just until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out clean
- Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a knife, then turn out onto a rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add confectioners sugar alternately with milk, beating at low speed until desired consistancy is reached. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Place cooled cake on a serving plate and spread frosting over top and sides of cake, arrange strawberries around top.